? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, December 7, 2009

14 weeks!


You are now in your second trimester! Your baby's crown to rump length is 3.2 to 4.5 inches long and he weighs approximately 1 ounce now. Your baby is about the size of the average fist.

At this time, your baby's face is becoming more developed. The cheeks and bridge of his nose appear and the ears move from the sides of his neck to much higher on his head. The eyes continue to come closer together. A big development from this week onward is the development of lanugo. Lanugo is the fine hair that grows over almost your entire baby. The hairs grow in whirled patterns that follow the grain of his skin. These patterns later give way to your baby's fingerprints. The lanugo will be shed before birth and replaced by thicker, coarser hairs. Your baby's thyroid gland has matured and starts to produce hormones. If your baby is a boy, the prostate will appear and the ovaries descend from the abdomen into the pelvis in baby girls. The embryo`s soft cartilage is now being replaced with ` real` chalk bones. Your baby has eyebrows, but no eyelashes. Fine, light hair also begins to grow.


How far along?: 14 weeks ish
Total weight gain: 4-5 pounds total since the start
How much does baby weigh?: 1-1.5 oz
Maternity clothes?: Just pants for now
Stretch marks?: Nope. I ordered uber expensive cream to help prevent them. I don't really care if people say that creams don't work- I'm trying it anyway
Sleep?: I still get up to pee a lot
Best moment this week?: Getting the results back from the Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic that our baby is not at risk for Down Syndrome
Movement?: I thought I felt something the other day but it was probably just gas
Food cravings?: I still love my french fries but I'll eat anything now since my appitite is increasing
Labor signs?: nope
Belly button in or out?: in
What I miss: people not commenting on my weight. Since when is ok to call a pregnant woman fat?????
What I'm looking forward to: hearing the heartbeat again next week at our 16 week appt
Milestone: same as best moment this week

0 comments: