? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

39 Weeks

BUSTED!! Naughty Kitty!!!

Your baby's crown-to-rump length at this time is approximately 14.4 inches and the total length is approximately 21.5 inches. The average baby weighs a little more than 7 pounds now and is preparing for birth. You are probably as big as you are going to get and may be uncomfortable now. Most women gain between 25 and 35 pounds during their pregnancy. Your uterus is about 7-8 inches above your bellybutton now.

Although your baby continues to grow and develop inside of your uterus, there is not much room for her to move about. All of your baby's organ systems are now complete and the lungs were the last to fully mature.

Most of the lanugo on your baby should be gone by now. Your baby still may have some on her shoulders and in the creases of her body. Your baby's toenails have reached the end of her toes. The umbilical cord is about a half inch thick and may be wrapped around her. The umbilical cord still supplies the baby with nutrients that she needs. After delivery, your baby's umbilical cord will be clamped and cut. After it is cut, she will be an independent human being and must perform all of his body functions on his own. Your baby will get antibodies from your body that give his immune system a boost.


39 weeks and I am more uncomfortable as ever. I am trying not to let the uncomfortableness out weight my excitedness to welcome her. I just want her out. I am so ready and Joey is too. And yes people, I am still at work. I have had about 10 "still here?" & "hanging in there?" comments by noon today. I plan on going the distance and will not leave work until my doc will confirm I can't go. That will probably be when Audrey arrives. I have a schedule on how I want to use my Maternity leave and I want to save it ALL for after she comes.

Each and every day I have random strangers try to strike up a converstaion with me even though I try not to make eye contact to avoid said conversation (usually in the bus waiting line). Don't get me wrong, at first it was ok. Now its really starting to get annoying (I am probably more irritable too) because I answer the same questions EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. I am seriously thinking about creating business cards with all the answers to thier questions:
"When are you due?", "do you know if it is a boy or a girl", "do you have a name picked out," "are you taking time off work before?", "are you ready," "is this your 1st?"....and the list goes on and on. I just want to be able to pull out the card with the answers to all of their questions, hand it to them, then go about my day. OK, so that may be rude so I won't do it. But latley, I have made sure I have my headphones on (even if I am not listening to any music, seriously) and that has done the trick so far. People don't try to talk to you when they think you are listening to music.

Anyway, I had a doc appt on friday. I am 1.5cm dialated and 70% effaced. The doc said at least its something since last week there was nothing what so ever. BUT, she didn't give me an estimate as to when I could go into labor. She said it still could be a week or two (they will let me go to 41 weeks before getting induced). Lets hope its within the next week. But Audrey is doing good and we are both still healthy.

Audrey, mommy and daddy are waiting anxiously for your arrival and would love to meet you and snuggle with you. You can come now please :-)

How far along?: 39 weeks
Total weight gain: 38 lbs - not to shabby
How much does baby weigh?: 6-7 lbs
Maternity clothes?: yup
Stretch marks?: still have the few on my lower belly- no new ones though
Sleep?: the two hr intervals have gone down to about 1 hr intervals
Best moment this week?: knowing that I am making SOME progress
Movement?: yes, she tries to stretch- not much room though
Food cravings?: root beer - wierd? yea I thought the same thing too.
Labor signs?: a few contractions here and there but nothin to get excited about
Belly button in or out?: In- but I am bugged out about my belly button ring hole. It is sooooooo stretched out, it looks really funny
What I miss: nothing
What I'm looking forward to: meeting our little gem
Milestone: 39 weeks and the fact that we are VERY prepared for her arrival.

0 comments: